Community Habilitation Services are designed to promote independence and community integration by offering skills, training and other habilitation supports in non-certified community settings. Supports are started from our homes for those currently residing in our residential program. This offers a person-centered approach for those people retired from other day programs or for those who choose unique services with 1:1-1:3 staffing.
Our Community Habilitation Staff:
- Work with individuals on a one-to-one basis, or in groups based on personalized interest.
- Help individuals achieve the valued outcomes stated in his or her Community Habilitation plan
Examples of Some Valued Outcomes:
- Teaching daily living skills
- Teaching individuals how to travel using public transportation
- Accompanying individuals to various places in the community to access services
- Promoting independence and individuality among individuals
- Promoting good health through exercise and nutrition
- Teaching academic skills, money skills and telling time
- Teaching individuals shopping skills
- Teaching individuals how to exercise safety while traveling in the community
- Volunteering in their community